Three-year-olds are full of curiosity and spend a great deal of time observing the world around them. Our program uses this opportunity to focus on academic readiness skills.
Children learn to recognize an expanded range of shapes and numbers. In addition, techniques are used to enhance the child’s ability to associate groups of letters with spoken words, and children are encouraged to tell stories.
Teachers stimulate the child’s understanding of cause and effect and inquisitiveness through activities that present real-world situations. Age-appropriate, interactive learning areas are available for the children to explore and learn as they play. Support and involvement of parents is encouraged through daily reports.
Three-Year-Old Curriculum & Milestones
Beach Babies curriculum provides developmentally and age-appropriate activities and materials, developing essential school readiness skills through exploration, investigation, and of course, fun! While it is extremely important to understand that all children develop at their own rate, below are some typical milestones you can expect to occur.
- Answers simple questions about a story, rhyme or song
- Communicates through scribbling
- Speaks in longer sentences
- Can count to 10 and beyond
- Learns patterns and series of objects
- Knows written numbers represent quantity
Learning About the World/Science
- Uses objects in a variety of ways
- Can notice differences in results
- Uses tools and measuring devices to explore
Social & Emotional Development
- Eager to help with chores
- Begins to cooperate with others
- Increased ability to follow rules
Approaches to Learning
- Makes independent choices
- Becomes more imaginative and inventive
- Participates in a wider variety of experiences
Physical & Health Development
- Increased coordination to use scissors, hole punch
- Increasing strength and stamina
- Point to body parts when named